Once the product has been installed, it is your responsibility to “break in” the product properly. After the break-in period and 600-mile checkup, you must maintain the product to the original manufacturer’s specifications.
It’s important during this period to use a non-synthetic or non-synthetic blend oil in the OE specified weight for the duration of the break-in of your remanufactured engine.
When applicable, valves must be readjusted to your vehicle’s manufacturer’s specifications. Refer to the factory shop manual or contact Customer Service for the proper procedure for your engine type.
Break-in Procedures for Engines
Your engine requires special care during its initial break-in period. To ensure your engine’s long life expectancy and proper engine performance, please follow these procedures during the first 600 miles of operation.
- Vary your driving speed. Do not drive for long periods at any single speed.
- Do not tow a trailer or subject your vehicle to other heavy loads.
- Check the engine oil and coolant levels daily.
600-mile Checkup for Engines
- Check fuel and ignition settings.
- Change the engine oil and filter.
- Adjust valves (where applicable).
- Use a quality, conventional, non-synthetic or non-synthetic blend oil in the OE specified weight for the duration of the break-in of your remanufactured engine.
- Do NOT use synthetic or synthetic blend oils during this break-in period.